My photo
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Here at The Coloured Bubble Cakery all my cakes and cupcakes are lovingly hand baked and decorated to the highest standards and the tiniest of details. My blog is here to update you on my recent projects along with lots other exciting news about the Cakery. You can also follow the cakery on Twitter and Facebook for a more interactive way of staying up to date, if that's the way you roll. Cakes and Cupcakes are available to order for any occasion. Please feel free to contact me at thecolouredbubblecakery@gmail.com, through the contact me tab on Facebook or give me a call on 01242 698698, all enquiries are welcome, Rachel at The Coloured Bubble Cakery :) x NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Thursday 9 August 2012

The Gloucester Rugby Shirt

For the birthday of a MASSIVE Gloucester Rugby fan, what more could be asked for than a Gloucester Rugby Shirt cake eh?!
Well that's exactly what Helen requested for her husbands 40th. 
His party was being held in the Chairman Suite at Kingsholm and I felt properly privileged to pop up there
and deliver it.  I'm no rugby fan but I couldn't help but "ooh" at the swishness of the suite and the fabulous views across the pitch!!

The cake was vanilla sponge with raspberry jam filling, but Helen asked if one of the layers of sponge be red to keep the red & white theme, to which I replied "Of course!".  If there's anything that puts a skip in my step it's a good use of colour!!

I really loved decorating this cake, making sure every detail was exact to the original shirt, which even entailed me calling the on-site shop and asking them to read out one of the smaller labels that unfortunately, google could not give me a decent photo of.  Probably a bit of a strange request for them but they seemed to take it in their stride!

So here's the finished cake, I'm hoping for some 'cut cake' photos to see how the red & white sponge effect turned out and will update this post if I get my hands on some!





I'm sure Helen won't mind me sharing the comment she added to the photo on the facebook page...

"This was for my Hubby's 40th Birthday Party at Kingsholm - he was stunned and couldn't believe that this cake was for him!!  He enjoyed the whole afternoon and EVERYONE LOVED the cake!!  Thanks Rachel, you did an amazing job!"


No comments:

Post a Comment