My photo
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Here at The Coloured Bubble Cakery all my cakes and cupcakes are lovingly hand baked and decorated to the highest standards and the tiniest of details. My blog is here to update you on my recent projects along with lots other exciting news about the Cakery. You can also follow the cakery on Twitter and Facebook for a more interactive way of staying up to date, if that's the way you roll. Cakes and Cupcakes are available to order for any occasion. Please feel free to contact me at thecolouredbubblecakery@gmail.com, through the contact me tab on Facebook or give me a call on 01242 698698, all enquiries are welcome, Rachel at The Coloured Bubble Cakery :) x NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Monday 30 January 2012

I do love a wedding... even if it is staged!!

Hyde Barn in Stow on the Wold is a brand new, custom built wedding destination and when it's completed in May this year it will be the place to tie the knot with beautiful views of the rolling Cotswolds and I, for one literally cannot wait to see it finished!!
Annie and her team have thought of everything, including my all time favourite detail… the over sized bridal toilet cubicle to accommodate bride plus dress… genius!!

In order to advertise the destination, a staged wedding and photo shoot were organised by Sarah at Nicole James Photography, bringing together some fantastically creative talent within the wedding organisation business. Flowers were beautifully arranged, invitations designed, cute bunting draped, and absolutely beautiful wedding dresses modelled.  The dresses being the part of the day that made me flush with envy at the models... I've worn a wedding dress once in my life... but that's a story for another time, I digress... all the suppliers for the day are listed below :)

The Coloured Bubble Cakery was asked to provide wedding cupcakes and I jumped at the chance... it's not everyday that a professional wedding photographer offers to shoot your products is it?!

The entire day was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, getting involved with setting up scenes, holding billowing veils out of shot, even donating my lovely bike, ‘The Duchess’ for a couple of the more contemporary shots and modelling with the cupcakes myself, although I’m undecided if I will show those photos, I need to vet them first, I blush to think that at least one of them involves me draped over a country bench, cupcake in hand!!

I can honestly say that I laughed all day and made some lovely new friends along the way.

These are my cupcakes, only a quick snap that I took myself, although I’ll update this post when I get a selection of the professional photos… not necessarily including any of me!! J




www.hydebarn.co.uk
www.nicolejames.co.uk – Wedding Photography
www.annawhite.co.uk : Hair and Makeup
www.houseofistria.com - Hair Accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment