My photo
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Here at The Coloured Bubble Cakery all my cakes and cupcakes are lovingly hand baked and decorated to the highest standards and the tiniest of details. My blog is here to update you on my recent projects along with lots other exciting news about the Cakery. You can also follow the cakery on Twitter and Facebook for a more interactive way of staying up to date, if that's the way you roll. Cakes and Cupcakes are available to order for any occasion. Please feel free to contact me at thecolouredbubblecakery@gmail.com, through the contact me tab on Facebook or give me a call on 01242 698698, all enquiries are welcome, Rachel at The Coloured Bubble Cakery :) x NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Sunday 22 April 2012

Decks Cake

This month, my friend Caz got in touch about her son Lewis's 21st Birthday Cake, now I might be wrong, and I know full well how quickly the years pass but I am sure that he was only 14 last time I saw him!!!  Where do the years go...?  Any answers to this question very welcome!

Anyway, Lewis is massively into his music and I was given a choice between making his Drums or making his Decks into a cake... I chose his decks as it's something I've always fancied creating as a cake.

I was told exactly what to google and set about it immediately only to find that they weren't the decks I was expecting, but then I suppose my image of decks is rather old fashioned in this digital world that we live in!

So, just so we're all 'singing from the same song sheet' (it's amazing what phrases stick in your head after 10 years of working in an office!) here's the picture I found online to work from...
lots & lots of buttons!!
The cake itself was vanilla with jammy filling, and when preparing to decorate I made a note of how many buttons & sliders of each shape I needed to make... it turned out to require 99 buttons/sliders of 11 different shapes, in 3 different colours, not to mention all the different icons on each button, I'm glad I'd put some kind of system in place to make sure I got them all in the right place!!

So here is the finished cake... Happy 21st Birthday Lewis!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment