My photo
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Here at The Coloured Bubble Cakery all my cakes and cupcakes are lovingly hand baked and decorated to the highest standards and the tiniest of details. My blog is here to update you on my recent projects along with lots other exciting news about the Cakery. You can also follow the cakery on Twitter and Facebook for a more interactive way of staying up to date, if that's the way you roll. Cakes and Cupcakes are available to order for any occasion. Please feel free to contact me at thecolouredbubblecakery@gmail.com, through the contact me tab on Facebook or give me a call on 01242 698698, all enquiries are welcome, Rachel at The Coloured Bubble Cakery :) x NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Dark Side of the Moon

As a total & utter nutter when it comes to music (both good & bad according to my sister!) I'm always over the moon to be asked to replicate iconic album covers.  
My only beef being that I'm not asked to do it often enough!!

The only time I've been asked for an album over it was for the super iconic Born in the USA featuring the lovely bottom of the lovely Bruce Springsteen!  I very much enjoyed shaping and modelling that one! ;)
This time around I was asked to create the also massively iconic cover of The Dark Side of the Moon... the 1973 Pink Floyd classic.

As you may already be aware, Pink Floyd have a MASSIVE following and I have many a friend that absolutely RAVE about them, in fact it seems that Pink Floyd fans are quite literally everywhere, I felt a huge amount of responsibility on my shoulders to make sure I did it justice so to make sure my mind was in the right place for the job I spun the album as I worked!!

As always, with every cake I make, I like to learn something along the way so with the help of the incredibly informative 'wikipedia' I can inform you all that "The original album artwork for The Dark Side of the Moon was created by Hipgnosis and George Hardie and features a beam of white light, representing unity, passing through a prism, which represents society. The resulting refracted beam of coloured light symbolizes unity diffracted, leaving an absence of unity.".  You just never know when you might need this kind of information!

Anyhoo, that's enough trivia, back to the cake...
It was made with my yummy traditional vanilla sponge filled with lashings of raspberry jam and decorated to celebrate Peter's 50th Birthday...



And here's a little 'taste'imonial from Peter's wife...
"The 'Dark Side of the Moon' cake went down a storm for my husband's 50th party last night! Thank you so much for an amazing looking cake and an incredibly delicious tasting one! Will rave about it to all. Shame we were a little worse for wear to put the CD on!"






No comments:

Post a Comment