My photo
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Here at The Coloured Bubble Cakery all my cakes and cupcakes are lovingly hand baked and decorated to the highest standards and the tiniest of details. My blog is here to update you on my recent projects along with lots other exciting news about the Cakery. You can also follow the cakery on Twitter and Facebook for a more interactive way of staying up to date, if that's the way you roll. Cakes and Cupcakes are available to order for any occasion. Please feel free to contact me at thecolouredbubblecakery@gmail.com, through the contact me tab on Facebook or give me a call on 01242 698698, all enquiries are welcome, Rachel at The Coloured Bubble Cakery :) x NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Monday 11 February 2013

Applique Bird Cake

Well, it's been that time of year again when my sister gets a birthday cake!
Last year I experimented with edible printing and if I'm honest, I haven't found a use for it since.

No, this year was altogether different.  Knowing that she has a penchant for little birds, including Toggle and Skip, her and her son's little tiger finches I had a Google for bird cakes.  

Originally looking for something of the hand painted variety I came across the sweetest bird cake ever!!!
Made originally by Kassie (Flickr) it was created to resemble applique.  Being from a 
'make & do' family I loved it at first sight and knew my sister would too!

Filled with yummy vanilla sponge, buttercream and raspberry jam...


The perfect sweet treat for the end of the night...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTEREENO!!!!! xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment