My photo
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Here at The Coloured Bubble Cakery all my cakes and cupcakes are lovingly hand baked and decorated to the highest standards and the tiniest of details. My blog is here to update you on my recent projects along with lots other exciting news about the Cakery. You can also follow the cakery on Twitter and Facebook for a more interactive way of staying up to date, if that's the way you roll. Cakes and Cupcakes are available to order for any occasion. Please feel free to contact me at thecolouredbubblecakery@gmail.com, through the contact me tab on Facebook or give me a call on 01242 698698, all enquiries are welcome, Rachel at The Coloured Bubble Cakery :) x NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Monday 17 June 2013

The Iconic 2 Litre Bottle of Strongbow... (Cake)


What better way to celebrate a 16th birthday than by reminiscing over your own teenage years and deciding that the 2 litre bottle of Strongbow really was a defining factor of being 16!  Well I'm happy to admit it even if you lot aren't!  It could've been worse, it could've been White Lightening!! 

Anyhoo, I made this cake for one of my closest friends eldest on his 16th Birthday.  It was such a wonderful thing to behold, after watching Ziggy grow and evolve over the years, seeing him start his journey to becoming a man and turning 16 made me swell with pride.  He's a good lad, even if he can be a bit of a typical teenager at times!  I can't talk... & my mother would agree!

The candles were a mixture of ones I found in the glove compartment of my car at the last minute that had melted and reset over the months of their imprisonment into a strangely twisted effect; along with candle finds at the bottom of the 'everything' drawer but we pulled it of and it was a super success!!!

This was just a quick snap shot before we lit the wonky candles and presented it to Ziggy!
(I particularly enjoyed carving and modelling the bottle's bottom... very tactile!) 


awwwww, happy, laughing teenagers...


A slice of Strongbow!



& here's a quick vid of the memorable moment...


 

HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY ZIG!!! x



1 comment:

  1. how did you do the bottom of the cake and did you have a cake tin for it

    ReplyDelete