My photo
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Here at The Coloured Bubble Cakery all my cakes and cupcakes are lovingly hand baked and decorated to the highest standards and the tiniest of details. My blog is here to update you on my recent projects along with lots other exciting news about the Cakery. You can also follow the cakery on Twitter and Facebook for a more interactive way of staying up to date, if that's the way you roll. Cakes and Cupcakes are available to order for any occasion. Please feel free to contact me at thecolouredbubblecakery@gmail.com, through the contact me tab on Facebook or give me a call on 01242 698698, all enquiries are welcome, Rachel at The Coloured Bubble Cakery :) x NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Monday 12 August 2013

My Big Brothers 40th

This is a Winchcombe Pottery Casserole Dish...


During most of his 20's, after completing a degree in ceramics, my big brother Ed could mainly be found covered in clay dust at a wheel in Winchcombe Pottery.  
In fact, while reading through the history of the pottery on their website for this blog I came across Ed's name and I swelled with pride!! :)
Ceramics is his passion so there really was no other option than to re-create some Winchcombe Pottery for his 40th Birthday cake.

It was a massively rushed job as the Alice in Wonderland Tea Party Cake was due for the same weekend, so in all honestly I literally threw Ed's cake together, airbrushed it and drove it to the surprise lunch at his favourite, The Snowshill Arms (in Snowshill!).

It was a basic vanilla and jam sponge, carved (in record time) to the shape of the aforementioned (love that word) casserole dish, covered in fondant and sprayed using my faithful airbrush, The Badger...

 
My casserole dish isn't quite as 'pert' as the original but Ed was impressed and as a little sister that was all my Christmas's at once! :)

Please excuse the bald board... as I said, it was a rush job!!

Here are a couple of snaps from the family gathering, featuring my big brother Ed, Dad and his Sally and a small person's arm, possibly Ed's youngest, darling (cheeky monkey) Maeve who swiped the knob off the top while no one was looking!!




 

If you want to take a closer look at Winchcombe Pottery check out their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment