My photo
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Here at The Coloured Bubble Cakery all my cakes and cupcakes are lovingly hand baked and decorated to the highest standards and the tiniest of details. My blog is here to update you on my recent projects along with lots other exciting news about the Cakery. You can also follow the cakery on Twitter and Facebook for a more interactive way of staying up to date, if that's the way you roll. Cakes and Cupcakes are available to order for any occasion. Please feel free to contact me at thecolouredbubblecakery@gmail.com, through the contact me tab on Facebook or give me a call on 01242 698698, all enquiries are welcome, Rachel at The Coloured Bubble Cakery :) x NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Monday 12 August 2013

The Frog & The Bunny Wedding Cake

May 2013 saw the wedding of old friends, Gemma & Richard and I had the pleasure of making their cake for the big day.
 
As Gemma is an illustrator, and a darn fine one to boot, she had designed her own wedding invitations.  She used cute bunny and frog characters for the bride and groom, with the frog looking anxiously at his pocket watch and I fell in love with it on first sight.

I've taken a couple of quick snap shots of them to show you below, you'll have to ignore my circles and arrows ('office use only' type of thing!)

the front design of the invitation

the inside of the invitation

Gemma wanted a 3 tiered wedding cake incorporating the main elements of the invitation, the minty green of the grass, the little flowers and snails, with the Frog and the Bunny on the top.

She sketched me out the cut of her dress (behind the back of Rich of course!) and let me peek at the wedding shoes she'd chosen so I was able to re-create her as the bunny as accurately as possible.

Made from yummy chocolate cake and filled with even yummier chocolate ganache... if you're a Facebook follower you'll know of my fondness for making & testing/tasting chocolate ganache already... in tiers of 14, 10 and 6 inches it weighed a ton!!!

Here it is, set up and ready for Gemma, Rich and their guests at the incredibly beautiful Stanway Tithe Barn...


The Frog & The Bunny...


here's a close up of the frogs little pocket watch telling the time of the wedding...


and I especially like the cute little snails...



No comments:

Post a Comment