My photo
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Here at The Coloured Bubble Cakery all my cakes and cupcakes are lovingly hand baked and decorated to the highest standards and the tiniest of details. My blog is here to update you on my recent projects along with lots other exciting news about the Cakery. You can also follow the cakery on Twitter and Facebook for a more interactive way of staying up to date, if that's the way you roll. Cakes and Cupcakes are available to order for any occasion. Please feel free to contact me at thecolouredbubblecakery@gmail.com, through the contact me tab on Facebook or give me a call on 01242 698698, all enquiries are welcome, Rachel at The Coloured Bubble Cakery :) x NEW WEBSITE COMING SOON!!

Monday 3 October 2011

Babies 1st Birthday Cake & Possibly Babies 1st Sugar Rush Too!

This is last weeks cake, created to celebrate the 1st birthday of babies Poppy, Maddy and Eilish!

I love this cake, I was given free reign on the design other than it needed to be bright and colourful so I thought to myself "who doesn't love buttons?!".
Well I love 'em, and I have fond memories of the old and battered tin, the home of the family button collection from my childhood, in fact coming to think of it, it was only a month or so ago that my sister, mum and I were knelt on mums kitchen floor oohing and ahhing over our favourites... of course things are different now, it takes me longer to get back up again as my joints don't take so kindly to the hard floor anymore!  Ah well, 21 at heart if nothing else!
Anyway enough nostalgia, here's the cake, I hope you like the buttoniness as much as I do!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment